The Xarxa de Bancs de Tumors de Catalunya (XBTC) offers biological samples of tumours and scientific, technical and methodological support services for researchers at public entities and in the biomedical and health industry, in Catalonia or abroad, to address the needs of their research projects.
The XBTC follows a Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2015 standard and carries out yearly tests: since 2014, over 75% of the frozen samples have an RIN above 6.
Transfer of samples
The XBTC manages all the biological samples of tumours and their associated data for eleven Catalan hospitals and ensures their traceability and quality. To this end, we work closely with the scientific and ethics committees at the centres so that samples and the associated data are always transferred in line with scientific viability criteria and the regulations established in Spanish and European law.
Requirements for sample requests:
Support in searching for samples in other biobanks
Technical, scientific and legal/ethics guidance
- Separation and processing of serum, plasma, buffy coat, stool, urine and other biological fluids
- PBMC isolation
- Processing frozen and paraffin-embedded tissue
- Slices on slides and in paraffin test tubes and frozen
- Tissue Microarrays (TMA)
- Fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH)
- Histological staining
- Laser-capture microdissection
- Liquid- and solid-phase extraction of nucleic acids
- Nucleic acid quantitation and quality control
- Genomic DNA amplification
Optical and fluorescence microscopy
Coding, labelling and transporting samples